Search My Blog

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Unveiling The Emptiness: Past & Places


It was almost midnight, and I was all alone in my room. I felt the cold breeze brushing through my skin. It felt so nice to feel the air... Air in my hometown, the place I used to live…

After cherishing the fresh air in the province, I then read magazines to help me fall asleep. As I scanned through the pages, I saw places; some were new to me while others were familiar. After few more pages, I then stopped. Memories of the past began to sink in. 

I saw a beach on the magazine. I felt the coziness of the place. However, a tinge of emptiness ran through my system. I have this love-hate relationship with the beach. I definitely love going to the beach. I love emerging myself into the sun and feeling the vibe of the waves. I love swimming and water sports. I just love the beach. Unfortunately, at times, it reminds me of emptiness.

I remembered one moment in my life, way back in my early college years. I was enjoying the heat of the sun and the waves of the sea with my friends. But, I just faked it… I tried to make myself happy by enjoying the beach. However, deep inside me, I was dying. This happened days after I separated ways with the guy I love. It was my first major heartbreak. It was one of the most painful moments in my life. I couldn't stand it anymore, so I broke out in front of my friends. I would shout that guy's name to the sea. I did that for many times, and I felt relieved. It felt good to be shouting to the waves of the sea, as if the sea caught all my pain. Furthermore, I cried over my friends. I never hid my emotion to them. They knew how painful it was for me, and I was thankful they understood me.

Hmmm. That moment was years ago. I'm certain I've moved on from that. But still at times, I remember the emptiness I felt during that time. Yes, some places make me feel the emptiness again. However, I’ve always managed to handle such emotion. Don't worry 'bout the emptiness. Some people have filled the void in my heart already. Well, there's still a little space, but one day, there will be no empty space anymore. I know it, and it’ll happen. For now, I’m just hopeful… That one day… That fateful day will come... When there's no empty space inside... Soon, I hope... Yes, soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. Nakakaiyak ha! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, really? Well, you guys were with me in that one lonely moment. It has been years, but when I was writing this, it felt like it was just yesterday. :D

      Delete