Search My Blog

Friday, October 12, 2012

Connection at a Glance







Have you ever felt strongly connected to another person even if you haven't talked to him yet?... Even if you don't know him personally?... You just happen to see him for few times, yet you feel you know him already. That every time he looks at you, your world stops for a moment... Yeah, it seems weird, but this has happened to me.

Way back in summer last year, I was just chilling at the recreation area in the condo where I live. People at Podium, the recreation area of Oriental Garden, had their own businesses. Kids were playing at the children's section; their yayas were looking after them. Others were reading; some were sun bathing. I, on the other hand, was listening to the music in my playlist. Everybody had his/her own thing. Then, two men came. They were talking to each other. I couldn't hear what they were talking about, and I didn't want to heed as well. One of the guys started having exhibitions with a football. Wow, he was good. I love playing football that's why he caught my attention. Well, I just continued listening to songs while still trying to watch the guy play with the football. I saw him glanced at me maybe because he noticed I was looking at them. I just didn't mind. After few more minutes, I left because had to go to our unit already. That was the first time I saw him.

I don't usually go to Podium; I only go there when I feel that I want to. Well, because it was early summer and there were no classes, I had the time to visit the place. After few days of seeing the two men at Podium, I went there again 'cause I wanted to swim. Why not? It was summer! After few laps in the pool, I saw the two guys again. One of the guys (the same guy) played with the football again. He really liked showing his skills with the football, and he did the exhibition thing really well. He then stopped after some time, and he rested and talked to his companion. Then later on, I just saw them swimming too.

A year and few months after, I started living again in our unit in Oriental Garden since I've passed the CPA board exam. When I transferred back to our unit, I haven't gone much to Podium. However, I happen to see the guy playing with the football once in a while. I see him either at the lobby or somewhere near the condo. Every time I see him, I can feel his energy. When he stares at me, it's as if his eyes are talking to me.

Last week, I went to Podium just to chill. Just to relax my mind and body... I was thinking of the recent events in my life. I was also thinking of my future. Actually, it was a bit stressful. I thought of my wrong decisions in the past and imagined doing another wrong move in my life. It was really stressful thinking them all. I was tired of this game, not knowing the right thing to do in my life. At the very height of my emotion, I saw a guy's face smiling and laughing like there's no problem in the world. He was talking to someone else. Then, he smiled again and happened to look at the area where I was. A moment of silence then... Wait a minute... That guy with a huge smile on his face… I know him. He looks familiar. Oh! He's the football guy! For a moment, I forgot all the things bothering me. I felt the vibrancy of his smile, and believe it or not, it gave me the hope I needed. He let me realize that I should smile more often. That I should appreciate life more...

It's really unusual to feel the connection with a person you don't actually know. It's not the feeling of being infatuated. It's not even having a crush or physical attraction. It's simply feeling the connection with another person. I haven't felt this connection for quite a while. Well, why am I sharing this? Nothing. I just feel that I want to share this experience in my life. What then triggers me to?

Well, I just saw him today. My officemates and I went to lunch together. Our seniors treated us in Amici at Ayala Triangle. Right after having lunch, just after few steps from leaving the resto, I saw him again. He was in formal attire. He glanced at me. It was as if we know each other already, but we just haven't talked yet. Well well well... He just really has that energy in him. It makes me feel good having to feel that energy. I don't know him. Yes, it's true. But, I don't have to know him. Just having to feel his vibe makes my day already... Though getting to know him is much better, that's not my focus. I'm just happy to have that positive vibe I get from him. Who knows, I might have passed that vibe to others as well. Feeling positive and just loving life as it is... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment