Search My Blog

Saturday, October 6, 2012

My Super Duper Friends: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow



As the saying goes, no man is an island. Yes, it's true. We all need somebody to live in this world. However, it is not only the presence of a special someone (boyfriend, girlfriend or partner in particular) that makes our world go round; our friends also play an important role in our lives. They also add color and meaning to our lives.


Indeed, friends are so important. I agree 'cause I treasure my friends a lot. In fact, I have a lot of friends. But, I only have few close friends... Among the groups of friends I cherish is that group from college. My college life wouldn't be complete without my friends. It was the time I first live on my own, away from the comfort of being with my family. In this regard, I know I shared the same experience with my college friends. Most of us grew up in the province and lived in Manila to study for college. Furthermore, we shared the same suffering when it comes to academics; we battled a lot of hardships--- passing tons of exams. Nevertheless, we never let our distress envelop our college life. Well, “all work and no play” is not good for one's life. That's why we also liked going out and having fun once in a while. On some occasions, we would have a drink in Tapsi, a pub near UST. It was the nearest and most accessible drinking place that time. On other occasions, we would go outside our area and try different bars--- Pier One, Dolce, The Fort Strip resto bars among others. Well of course, we did like to chill and have some drinks, but we liked doing other things as well. We would have road trips and went traveling to places. We've been to places like Subic, Vigan, Pagudpod, Bulacan, Tagaytay, and some places in the Metro. If we wanted it plain and simple, we just enjoy each other's company in the school campus or in a friend’s house near the school. Yes, we’ve been to places. We hopped from here to there. Wherever we were, the most important thing is that we were together as a group. Oh... Good old times... Well... That was way back then. What happened after college?

I, being a working professional, have lesser time for the many things I want to do, and that includes being with my closest friends most of the times. That's why having to see and talk to them once in a while is a breath of fresh air to me. So again, I only see my closest friends once in a while, not on regular basis. A friend of mine, however, has thought of having a monthly meet-up. Oh yes, last night, it has started. I've had bonding time with my college friends, my Super Duper Friends (that's what we call our group). It didn't take long, but I surely enjoyed it. We just had dinner in a resto named Kitchen (a classy bistro) and had some drinks at Cerveseria; both resto bars are in Greenbelt 3. We chose Greenbelt 'cause it's the nearest place from the majority of us. Most of us are working in Makati. Jocy, Pat and I are all working in SGV & Co. On the other hand, Olai is working in KPMG while Jannel is with Alba Romeo & Co. (but, she'll soon transfer to BIR). Mel is about to work in Deloitte, and Toots has transferred to Maersk from KPMG. Our law student in the group is JT. Meanwhile, Tin is preparing for the CPA Board Exam, so she has not been able to join us last night. Grabe! Time really flies so fast. We were classmates when we were in our first year in college, and now, we have different paths already... Different lives... Different worlds...

Yes, we may not be talking always, but we show are love and support for each other in our own little ways. Furthermore, we have different endeavors already. However, even if we have separate ways, I know that our friendship will remain. I really treasure my friends. Aside from my childhood and my high school friends, my Super Duper Friends are those whom I want to treasure forever. I know we’ve shared a lot in common. We’ve been through ups and downs, but we’ve always made it by. And I know… We always will… We'll be friends until we're old. Until the time oblivion conquers us all... For in our hearts, we'll stay friends forever. Gosh. This is becoming cheesy already, but everything here is true. Right Super Duper Friends?! Haha. Friends forever dolls! Salute! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment