Search My Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

It's A Fresh Start


Everyday has been boring and lifeless the past few weeks. My world seemed colorless and no direction. I didn't know where to go. I didn't know what to do... Until a self-realization hit me... 

Lately, I've been watching a bunch of reality TV shows on E, Velvet, Lifestyle Network and ETC, and most of them depict the life of successful and famous people. These TV shows display how the wealthy people live and enjoy their lives. However, that is not the best part. What strikes me more is that they didn't become prosperous by just sitting all day and doing nothing. Instead, they've worked their ass out in whatever their endeavors are. They've worked passionately and persistently. As a result, they've become successful. That's why they have a reason to enjoy their lives because of their hard work. 

In addition to watching reality shows, I've been fond of reading premiere magazines in the country for a couple of weeks already. My lunchtime has become my "Me Time"; this has been the time for me to free myself from the hustle and bustle of work. Part of this moment with myself, aside from cherishing every bite of my food, is reading magazines. Same as with the successful people in the TV shows, people featured in the magazines have worked hard to be wherever they are right now. 

Well, after weeks and weeks of being exposed to the reality of seizing success, I've come to realize that becoming depressed won't do anything good to me. That I should be thankful of my work even if it's not exactly what I want... I also realized that I cannot do things exactly as what I want them to be or as I've planned them. However, I can adjust to reality and somehow customize my wants... Bridge the gap between reality and ideals... 

Indeed, hard work is necessary for one's success; nevertheless, passion for one's endeavor is as important. Moreover, no matter what trials come, even if reality is the problem, one must never stop achieving his or her aspirations in life. It is a person's aspirations that determine his or her direction in life. That's why it's necessary to have the eagerness to succeed. 

As for me, it's a fresh start of attaining my goals... A start to fix all the broken lines... A start to forget the problem of the world... A start to move forward... Yes, indeed, it's time! It's a fresh start, and I'm ready! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment